With the imminent onset of winter and the changing air to the cold wave, which works to create suitable for some, especially viral, including respiratory diseases, environment, many seek to inquire about the effectiveness of the flu vaccine and Asttbabath, we review this matter through what is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, including their latest released US food and drug Administration on flu vaccine
What is the flu?
Influenza is a viral infectious disease, it can be transmitted from human to human easily, and cause a number of symptoms, ranging from the simple to the severe and that may lead to death in special circumstances, and in the United States, the flu infect sharp Kasabh annually between 2-20% of the community. On average, it is hypnotized 200,000 hospital patients die because of the flu among 36,000 patients of them.
The influenza virus can survive outside the human body for a period ranging from two to eight hours.
It gives flu vaccine effectiveness ranging from 70-90% protection in adults.
Children and the elderly may not be necessary to give a full vaccine protection but may relieve symptoms and complications in the event of injury.
How do vaccines protect us from disease?
When attacking the body by the virus body needs some time to produce antibodies against that virus while we find the virus may proliferation and began to show symptoms meaning that the body’s immune response obtained late .. The idea of the vaccines is to introduce a dead virus or weakening or injection parts of the virus in the human body can not cause inflammation at the same time gives intimation of immunity rights to enter a foreign body and begin to prepare for the production of monoclonal antibodies and save the form of this virus in the human immune memory so that the human body is prepared to those antibodies when entering the real virus was duration of survival of those objects immunological blood from months to years.
What types of flu vaccines are there?
There are two types of vaccines:
– First, a vaccine is inactive and has a flu virus is alive so he can never lead the injury and the flu is given intramuscularly for children from 6 months Fmavouk ..
– The second type is the vaccination of the neighborhood, and is given by inhalation and given to children from the age of two years and above
– Both vaccines contain two strains of influenza A strain of influenza B.
– Viral strains that cause flu change every year
What are the reasons for the use of the flu vaccine first type?
– As we mentioned that this vaccine is given to children over 6 months by intramuscular and reasons for receiving the vaccine are:
– Asthma, chronic respiratory disease patients
– Some chronic heart problems
– Children’s immune Mthbto
– AIDS patients
– Sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobin disorders
– Disorders and chronic kidney functions
– The treatment of patients using aspirin for long periods, such as patients with arthritis or Kawasaki disease
Reasons the annual vaccine for influenza virus has been exceeded to include:
– All the kids who are at risk for the flu
– Generally healthy children aged 6 months to 18 years
– Those over 50 years old
– Those involved custody of children at risk from the flu or children less than 5 years
How many annual flu vaccines?
– This depends on the age of the child if the child is more than nine years and has never vaccination and one dose only needs
– Children under 9 years and who take the vaccine for the first time for them to take a second dose after at least 4 weeks after the first dose.
– Children under 9 years and who have not received only a single dose in the previous chapter were taking two doses of the vaccine.
When the vaccine starts to work?
– The body begins to produce antibodies two weeks after the entry of the vaccine to the body
What are the complications of the flu vaccine?
– Are very simple, such as a simple injection site pain, high temperature appear after 24 hours of receiving the vaccination occurs when about a quarter of the kids recipients of the vaccine at least two years has sometimes happens simple muscle or nausea that in cases of pain the first vaccine by intramuscular
– The second type of vaccine is inhaled, the effectiveness and the secretariat did not prove when people who suffer chronic diseases, should be does not give both vaccines for children who have a severe allergy to eggs
Who should not receive the vaccine type I “muscle through”?
– Children under 6 months
– Children with severe illnesses
– Who are allergic to eggs
– Of them former injury syndrome Gilliarn Barry
Who should not receive the vaccine type II “inhaled”?
– Children under two years
– With severe disease
– Who has already taken live vaccine during the last 4 weeks ago
– Some people with asthma or heart disease
– Patients with kidney disease and diabetes
– Children’s immune Mthbto
– Users of aspirin therapy
– Of his previous injury history syndrome Gallarn Barry
Do you need to receive a flu vaccine every year?
– Yes .. because the annual change to the strains of the influenza virus was possible.
Can the flu vaccine cause flu?
It is possible to get a slight increase in temperature after vaccination as one side of the vaccine symptoms, but can not for the flu vaccine from the first type that cause the flu because the vaccine was originally a dead virus.
The flu vaccine type II inhaled it live vaccine has been licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration does not lead to the flu in healthy people, which has been licensed to them.
It should be noted that the first type of flu vaccines, which are given intramuscularly is the predominant type and the most common currently. It is important that the patient understands that the vaccine does not provide 100% protection has become infected with influenza in spite of receiving the vaccine.
It should be noted that the use of antibiotics in case of viral infections without justification is one of the factors affecting the functions of the liver and kidneys.